Review: The Cruel Prince | A dark Faerie Tale

by - March 21, 2018

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




Welcome to one of my favorite books of 2018 which has intrigue and that dark fantasy feel.

Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.
Do you remember when we used to read tales about faerie? How they are pretty and gorgeous and some of the most beautiful creatures you've laid eyes upon?

I used to love those stories.I still love them.So it’s no surprise that the Cruel Prince grabbed my attention.But there are only few stories that capture the cruel and fickle creatures the faeries are and this book does a fantastic job of it.


The plot might seem straight forward: a faerie who steals human children and takes them back to their land.What’s so unique about that?
Well, it's the fact that this book never goes the way you would expect it to go.I believe that this might be one of my favorite parts, how the story weaves across the pages and has your mind twisted that you just keep thinking,"that didn’t just happen,did it?"

About the writing though, Holly Black's world of the folk is amazing and they have so many courts and so many faeries and my heart was happy.One of the daring feats that the author has attempted might be the character development.

Here's the thing guys,none of these characters are lovable and I do mean none of them (well maybe except Viv).You may fall in and out of love with them but you are never quite sure of what they will do and who they are at the core.They are shifty assholes.

I am weak. I am fragile. I am mortal. I hate that most of all.

One of my absolute favorite characters is Jude.She goes through so much through the entire book and her only flaw is that she is a human in the High Court and well, we all know how mean the faeries are, right?

✦REASONS THAT YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK✦

  • the crazy plot and the amazing writing
  • its about faeries?
  • a badass female: Jude
  • Viv (yes, I absolutely adore Viv)
  • If you are like me, you wanted to know about "The Cruel Prince"
  • THERE.IS.SO.MUCH.INTRIGUE. (aka all the courts of faerie and secrets)
  • it is dark (what more do u need?)
  • and maybe because I want you guys to fangirl over this book with me (that is a legit reason, isn't it?)
I rate it......

HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO WAIT until 2019? HONESTLY i need book 2 right now.

You May Also Like

0 comments